- Cutting corners is never wise when it comes to windshield repairs. Edmunds.com explains how to repair or replace your windshield the right way.
- CNN.com explains the concept behind augmented reality windshields and why they’re the future of driving.
- Ever since developing the idea of augmented reality windshields, General Motors has created quite a buzz. Take a look at this augmented reality windshield review at TechnologyReview.com.
- There may come a time when you’ll need to replace your windshield wiper motor. Discover how to carry out this task at AutoMD.com.
- Are you stuck with old stickers and decals you no longer want? Learn how to remove stickers and decals from your windshield by following these helpful tips.
- Moisture: People often rack their brain thinking of complex solutions to relatively simple problems. The process of deciphering the source of moisture on the inside of a windshield can qualify in many cases. Almost without fail, the air inside of a car will be warmer than the air outside. Because the air inside is humid, it will naturally consist of more moisture. This moisture builds up and ultimately fogs up the inside of your windshield.
- Dirty Windshield: The cleanliness of your windshield can have a major impact on the amount of moisture trapped inside. When moisture meets a dirty windshield, your humidity problem will only compound itself. Without cleaning your windshield on a regular basis, the moisture already present inside of your vehicle will begin to condense and reduce your visibility by fogging up.
- Dirty Filters: Cabin filters are designed to ensure that your interior air quality is up to snuff. When your filter becomes filled with dust, your defroster will become far less effective. A less-effective defroster makes for an increasingly humid car. In turn, when your car lacks proper ventilation, you will suffer from both poor air quality and excess fog on the inside of your windshield.
- Wet and Soak: The first step in removing difficult rain spots from your windshield is simply to wet it using warm water. Let the warm water soak for upwards of five minutes in order to ensure that all deposits on the glass soften prior to cleaning. You can use a towel or washcloth with warm water to make this step easier.
- Clean: There are two common and preferred options for cleaning your windshield. One common choice is vinegar and water. Use two parts water and one part vinegar to harmlessly dissolve any windshield deposits. The other option is to clean it using a detergent with ammonia. Use a towel or washcloth for cleaning and utilize a circular motion similar to how you would clean other exterior parts of your car.
- Rinse and Repel: After you’ve gone about cleaning the dirt and smudges off of your windshield, rinse it with warm water. Pick up a dry towel and use it to dry off any wet spots remaining on the windshield in preparation for applying a repelling product. Once you’ve successfully removed the stubborn rain spots that had been ailing your windshield, apply a repellant to reduce the likelihood of damage down the road.
If you’re interested in learning more about your windshield, take a look at the following links. If you’d like any more information on our products or services, call the professionals at Glass on the Move.
With over thirty years of experience serving the Oakland community and with multiple awards to show for it, we’re confident we can install the perfect windshield for your vehicle. If you’re interested in learning more, simply give us a call at (510) 338-4791.
Safe drivers form the habit of checking the visibility of their windshield before pulling out of the driveway. From dirt to bugs, a number of factors can contribute to low visibility through your windshield. One extremely common and especially frustrating example is when the inside of your windshield fogs up. If you’ve ever wondered what might be to blame when this happens, read on.
If your windshield is need of repair or replacement, contact the experts at Glass on the Move. With over three decades serving Oakland, Hayward, and Berkeley, and with two consecutive years as Oakland’s auto glass replacement award winner, we are confident we can offer you unparalleled service. To find out more information about our auto glass repair and replacement services, call us today at (510) 338-4791.
Your windshield keeps debris from disrupting your vision, prevents you from being ejected from the car in a sudden stop, and even keeps your roof from crumbling during a rollover. With all of these wonderful safety measures already covered, General Motors began to think about what they could do to make the windshield even more effective and useful. What they came up with is called the Augmented Reality Windshield. Check out this intriguing video to find out more about GM’s impressive new windshield technology.
If your windshield suffers from any sort of damage, visit Glass on the Move. With two consecutive Best of Oakland awards and thirty-three years of quality service to our name, we’re confident we can assist you in all of your windshield repair needs. Call one of our friendly representatives today at (510) 338-4791 if you’re interested in learning more about our quality services.
Any time your windshield is covered with stubborn rain spots, your visibility is reduced and your safety is jeopardized. Depending on the severity of water spots on your windshield, you may face anything ranging from a mild annoyance to entirely unsafe driving conditions. Removing these stubborn rain spots may seem like a frustrating and time-consuming task, but it’s quite the opposite when you follow these simple steps.
In addition to using this proven step-by-step method for removing stubborn rain spots, keep your windshield in great shape by contacting Glass on the Move. For over three decades, we have been Oakland’s leading glass repair service. To find out more information about our windshield repair and replacement services, call one of our friendly representatives today at (510) 338-4791.