Imagine washing your car on a hot day and getting water in a little crack on the windshield. You hear the crack spider outwards, getting bigger and bigger. It’s a hassle, but it is time to replace your windshield.
Like any glass, auto glass can chip easily, especially when traveling at high speeds. One of the most common causes of windshield cracks is due to rock making contact at high speeds.
Car window replacement is a tricky job, and you must have the right tools for the job. With any car repairs, safety is must, so make sure you know what you’re doing, or call a professional. Here are 6 tools that the professionals use when dealing with windshield repair:
- Cutting Blade: This is used to remove the adhesive and rubber seal around the windows.
- Pry Bar: Makes it easier to remove the window from where it sits.
- Suction Cups: Easily removes and installs the window without as much danger of breaking it.
- Caulking Gun: Filled with the adhesive urethane that holds the window in place.
- Vacuum: This is used to remove any mess that may have built up during the removal process like rubber pieces and urethane residue.
- Weatherstrip Closing Tool: This fastens the weatherstrip around the window to prevent wind and rain from leaking inside.
Glass on the Move has been serving the San Francisco Bay area with auto glass repair since 1979. Our technicians are certified in window replacement and repair. Offering free mobile windshield repair, we will come to your home or business and fix your window while you work. Call the experts at Glass On The Move at (510) 338-4791 or visit our website.